You might have already heard about this term VEVO if you have an Australian visa (including student visa) but you might be wandering what it actually is and what is the use of VEVO?
So in this article, we are giving you a quick guide about VEVO.
What's in this guide ?
What is VEVO?
VEVO stands for Visa Entitlement Verification Online
VEVO is an online tool provided by the Department of Home Affairs to verify the visa holders visa conditions.
This tool can give details about:
- Type of visa granted
- Visa grants date
- Visa expiry date
- Period of stay (how long a visa holder can stay)
- Visa conditions (what the visa holder can and can’t do)
It is important to note that VEVO is current only at the time it is conducted and should only be considered valid when accessed directly through the VEVO system.
Who can access VEVO?
VEVO details can be accessed any of the following individual or organisation:
- Visa holder
- Education institute
- Other government agencies
When you can use it?
You might also be wandering when do you actually need to use this. Most of the time, it can be used when:
- looking for a job and your employer wants to confirm your visa conditions
- looking for a rental property and your landlord or real estate agent want to check your period of stay in Australia
- applying for a scholarship or a new course
How to check the VEVO?
In order to check your VEVO as a visa holder, you will need to have an access to:
and any one of the following:
- Transaction Reference Number (TRN)
- Visa Evidence Number
- Visa Grant Number
Step 1: Go to Immigration website for VEVO Check here.
Step 2: Select the type of document and press submit
Step 3: In the next step, enter the following details:
- Reference type
- Reference number based on the reference type
- Date of birth
- Document number
- Country of document
- Agree to the terms and conditions
After submitting the details, you will get the VEVO details on the website something like this:
You can down this information as a PDF or you can also send it via email.
You can also check the VEVO details
Example of VEVO Letter
Here is how the VEVO letter that you download from immigration website will look like.
Do everyone have a VEVO in Australia?
If you are a visa holder in Australia and have got your visa after 1990, then you will have access to VEVO. You will not have a VEVO access if you are:
- an Australian citizen
- migrated to Australia before 1990 and never travelled outside Australia
If you migrated to Australia before 1990 , you can request an electronic visa registration.
Well, we hope you find the information useful and handy on the VEVO check. Please share this article with someone else who might find this information useful.