Apple is one of the most popular brands among students in Australia, for both domestic and international students alike.
As Apple products aren’t among the cheapest in the market, that’s why many people, specifically students, look for discounts and special offers.
In this guide, we will talk about how to get an Apple student discount in Australia.
What is Apple’s education pricing?
Apple has a special pricing for university going students and staff working at the university in Australia.
There is a special portal/landing page for Apple’s education pricing. You can check it here.
It gives students a 10% discount on their normal retail pricing. So an example, M1 MacBook Air which normally starts from $1499, is priced at $1349 in the education store, which is a savings of $150.
It is obviously a big deal for students as every single dollar counts in student life.
Who can get Apple’s education pricing?
You are eligible to get this special education pricing if you are a:
- Current university student aged 18 or above
- New university students aged 18 or above
- Parents buying for university students
- Staff in education at all levels
What can you buy under Apple’s education pricing?
There are various products that are eligible under Apple’s education pricing that include:
- Mac Mini
- Apple Accessories
There is also a limit on the quantity of each of these items you can buy under Apple’s education pricing per year as well. Here is a list of items and the quantities you are allowed to buy with education pricing each year:
- iMacs: One
- Mac mini: One
- Notebook: One
- iPad: Two
- Accessories: Two
When is the best time to buy Apple’s products in Australia?
So, if you are after the best deal to buy Apple products, we say that the best time to buy is during the start of the new uni year in Australia, which runs from the end of January to the start of March.
At this time, Apple is running a very special promotion for students starting their university or just returning students, for parents buying for their children, teachers and staff in education.
This usually includes an offer of free AirPods or other headphones and other discounts in addition to the education pricing.
In 2023, Apple is running a promotion for education pricing which includes buying an eligible mac or iPad can get you a free AirPods and 20% discount on Apple Care+. The offer is valid from 18 January 2023 to 13 March 2023 at Apple stores, online or via their call centers.
Steps: How to get an Apple student discount in Australia?
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to get student discounts on Apple’s website in Australia.
Step 1: Go to Apple’s Education website. You can directly go there from this link: https://www.apple.com/au-hed/store
Step 2: Select to buy any eligible products under the education pricing.
Step 3: Customise the item as per your requirements
Step 4: Add other accessories or bonuses/ promotions (if available).
Step 5: Review your order
Step 6: Sign in with your Apple ID or do a guest checkout. Choose pick up or delivery option.
Step 7: Confirm details. Pay the money and enjoy your discount.
In the past, Apple used the services of UNiDAYS to verify the student’s identity. But it is no longer required to verify for using education pricing in Australia, especially for buying products.
However, if you are keen on getting a subscription to Apple Music and Apple TV+, then you will be required to go through UNiDAYS student verification process.
Can you save more on Apple’s education pricing in Australia?
The short answer is Yes.
There are few more ways you can save further on the education pricing.
- Discounted Gift Cards: Yes, it sounds too good to be true but from time to time various retailers launch discount on the Apple Gift Cards. You can get discounted gift cards from supermarkets, online retailers or through partner programs of various organisations in Australia. These discounts are not available on a daily basis. So we suggest you stack up these gift cards as soon as you see the deal for them. (Of course only if you are planning to buy Apple products)
- Cashback Offers: Many cashback retailers also usually offer cashback on Apple products. Sometimes it can be as low as 1% cashback while at other times, it can be up to 10%. Usually, there is a maximum cap on how much money you can claim under the cashback scheme. Also, sometimes, you can’t use gift cards for payments to be eligible for cashback. So make sure to check the terms and conditions clearly.
P.S – If you signed up for these cashback services, you could get some referral sign-up bonus as well (and we too ;))
What if I am not eligible to get Apple’s education pricing?
Tried hard but still didn’t get the discount?
No stress. We have you covered too.
There are many other ways to score a deal for Apple products.
- Check other retailers: Many retailers usually run a special promotion for Apple products. That usually includes 10% to 15% on various Apple’s products. Some of the popular retailers include Officeworks, JB Hi-Fi, Harvey Norman, The Good Guys, Bing Lee and Amazon.
- Stack up gift cards and cash back offers: As mentioned in the previous section, you can buy those discounted gift cards and use the cash back offers from online cashback platforms like Cashrewards and Shopback.
- Go for refurbished products: Did you know that Apple actually has an official store for refurbished products? You can get up to 40% off on Apple certified refurbished products to sweeten up savings. Refurbished products are usually pre-owned devices that were returned for any reason. These products are tested thoroughly before selling, and they are usually backed by the warranty as well.
We hope you find this quick guide on how to get an Apple student discount in Australia useful. If you liked this article, then you might find information for other students discount in Australia useful as well. Check it out here.