You’ve probably already heard about or taken part in one of Amazon’s Prime Day sales. Well, don’t wait until the last minute to get ready for their 2023 event, which will run from 11th to 12th July.
There is another event that Amazon Prime run during the year known as Prime Big Deals Day. In 2023, it will be running on 10th to 11th October. You can check these deals in our Amazon Store here.
During Prime Day, you can find amazing discounts on almost everything Amazon offers. It covers a wide range of categories like tech, gadgets, home, kitchen, garden, fashion, jewellery, beauty, gaming, and more.
As expected, Amazon heavily promotes its own products during this event. You can usually find the lowest prices of the year on Kindles, Echo smart speakers, Fire TV Sticks, and Fire Tablets. In fact, the prices are often even lower than those on Black Friday.
Now, let’s dive into all the details about Amazon Prime Day in Australia and how you can find the best deals for yourself.
What is Prime Day?
Prime Day is a special shopping event exclusively for Prime members. However, anyone can participate in Prime Day by becoming a member of Amazon Prime.
Amazon Prime Day lasts for two days and is only available to Amazon Prime members. Every year, the sale includes incredible deals on some of our favorite products, such as headphones, robot vacuums, air fryers, and much more.
In Australia, Amazon Prime Day is one of the major sales events on our shopping calendar. It offers a vast number of items at record-low prices on the online retail giant’s platform.
What’s the history behind Amazon’s Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day started in the US in 2015 as a celebration of the company’s 20th anniversary, offering even more deals than Black Friday at that time. It quickly evolved into Amazon’s mid-year sales event, where Amazon Prime members enjoy exclusive discounts on a wide range of items.
Although it initially lasted for just one day, by 2018 – when Australia had its first Prime Day sale – it had expanded to two days. This meant that Australians had 36 hours to shop until the sale ended in the US.
In 2019, it became even bigger, and Aussie shoppers were treated to a whopping 65 hours of discounts. In 2020, due to daylight savings in October, the shopping spree lasted for 66 hours. However, it returned to 65 hours of shopping spree in 2021 and 2022 (not bad yeah).
When is Amazon Prime Day in Australia?
In 2023, the epic Prime Day sale will begin at 12am AEST on Tuesday, July 11th, and will continue until 11:59pm AEST on July 12th in Australia.
However, in reality, Australians can keep shopping until July 13th 5pm, when sales come to end on all Amazon websites across the globe. Making it 65 hours of non-stop shopping fun for the people in Australia.
With the confirmed date approaching, Amazon has already started offering early Prime Day deals. For example, you can get up to 50% off their own Echo smart devices and the Fire TV Stick Lite for just $29.
Remember that Amazon Prime members typically get the best deals. So, if you’re not already subscribed, you may be eligible for a 30-day free trial (and then it’s just $9. 9/month after the trial ends).
What sort of deals can be expected on Amazon Prime Day Deals?
Prime Day is an absolute game-changer for deal lovers, surpassing even the likes of Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Naturally, Amazon’s own products will take center stage during Prime Day 2023.
Expect unbeatable prices on:
- Echo smart speakers,
- Fire tablets,
- Fire TV Sticks, and
- Ring doorbells.
It’s the perfect opportunity to snag one of the finest Kindles at a fraction of the cost.
But Prime Day isn’t just about Amazon products. Prepare for amazing markdowns on a wide range of items. Previous Prime Days have witnessed significant discounts on top-tier headphones from Sony and Bose, as well as Apple products. Expect to find the best deals on smartwatches and tablets too.
However, it’s not just major tech items that will be on sale. After all, Amazon offers virtually everything, including household essentials. While the spotlight may shine on big-ticket items, don’t be surprised if you find discounts on bedding, clothing, and even cleaning products. They may not be as flashy as the latest smartwatch, but any discount is worth considering, right?
If you’re planning a significant purchase, it’s wise to wait and see what Prime Day brings to the table. This applies to snagging an Instant Pot or an air fryer as well. These popular cooking appliances often feature prominently during Prime Day sales.
Keep an eye out for Lightning Deals, which are available for a limited time or until the item sells out. Longer-lasting deals include the Deals of the Day, which remain active for 24 hours, while others persist throughout the entire duration of Prime Day.
Some items may even come back in stock on the second day, but don’t rely on this if you spot the perfect deal already.
Can students get a discount on Amazon Prime in Australia?
Yes! As a student, we all know that expenses can quickly add up, from textbooks to travel and everything in between.
But fear not because students in Australia can also sign up for a 30-day free trial as well.
Unfortunately, students in Australia don’t have access to the Prime Student membership. (bummer!)
What exactly is Prime Student?
Prime Student is a fantastic discount service that offers all the benefits of a regular Prime membership at half the cost for higher education students.
Unfortunately, at the time of writing, this prime student membership is not available in Australia.
How much does Prime Membership cost?
Amazon Prime Membership offers 30 days free trial that you can cancel at any time.
After the trial period, the membership is only $79 per year or $9.90 per month in Australia.
Can I shop on Amazon Prime Day without Amazon Prime Membership?
Usually, Prime Day deals are exclusive to Prime members. While a few deals may be available to all customers during Prime Day, they generally don’t offer as steep a discount as they would to Prime members.
Luckily, if you haven’t tried it yet, there’s an Amazon Prime free trial. It grants you 30 days of Prime access, including all the perks like Prime Video. Most importantly, it lets you take advantage of the Prime Day 2023 sale just like a regular subscriber.
Just be sure to cancel before the month ends, and you won’t be charged anything for the service.
What’s included in the Amazon Prime Membership?
In Australia, Amazon Prime Members enjoy a ton of perks, including:
- Free 24 hours or next day delivery
- Free delivery on eligible international purchases
- Early access to Prime eligible lightening deals
- Free access to Amazon Prime Video (with access to popular movies, TV shows and Amazon Prime Orginals)
- Free access to Prime Music (with tons of ad-free music and podcasts)
- Free access to Prime Reading (with selection of books, magazines, comics etc.)
- Free access to Prime Gaming (with free games each month and Twitch Subscription)
List of Amazon Prime Day Deals in Australia
Here are some amazing Prime Day deals you can get right now.
Please note that some of the deals might have expired already, so make sure to check the prices before buying.
Prime Day deals:
Top 10 Deals added on 12 July 2023
- Kensington Pro Fit® Ergo Wireless Keyboard and Mouse for $29 (Usually $174)
- G-Shock DW5600SKE-7D Mens Transparent Clear Digital Watch for $69 (Usually $189)
- Lacoste Men’s Basic Slim Fit Polo for $51 (Usually $109)
- Elgato Ring Light – Premium 2500 lumens Light for $208 (Usually $329)
- BLAVOR Solar Power Bank, Flashlight, Compass for $39.99(Usually $69.99)
- Philips Washable Hair Clipper Series 5000 with 28 Length Settings for $43.99 (Usually $59.95)
- SanDisk 256GB Ultra microSDXC Card + SD Adapter for $38.33 (Usually $79)
- ASUS RT-AX56U (AX1800) Dual Band WiFi 6 Extendable Router for $129 (Usually $229)
- SAMSUNG 870 EVO 4TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD for $284.03 (Usually $356.19)
- Up to 20% Cashback on Amazon via Cashrewards
Top 10 Deals added on 11 July 2023
- Shure MV7X XLR Podcast Microphone (Black) for $179 (Usually $369)
- Nintendo Switch Console [Grey] for $349 (Usually $469.95)
- Kindle (2022 release) for $139 (Usually $179)
- Sony BRAVIA 43″ X75K 4K Smart TV for $695 (Usually $1199)
- Calvin Klein Euphoria Eau De Parfum for $27.99 (Usually $102)
- ULTIMATE EARS WONDERBOOM 3 for $59 (Usually $95)
- Garmin Venu 2, GPS Fitness Smartwatch for $356 (Usually $679)
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 128GB Smartphone for $985 (Usually $1849)
- SAMSUNG Galaxy S23+ 512GB Storage Smartphone for $1249 (Usually $1849)
- PRISM+ XQ340 PRO 34″ Curved Ultrawide Gaming Monitor for $579 (Usually $1099)
Early access deals
- $10 promotional credit on $150 Amazon gift card
- Fire TV Stick 4K Max for $49 (Usually $99)
- Fire TV Stick Lite for $29 (Usually $59)
- Fire TV Cube for $109 (Usually $219)
- Echo Dot (5th Gen) | Smart speaker with Alexa for $48 or 2 for $79 (Usually $99)
- Amazon eero mesh wifi router | 3-pack for $199.99 (Usually $389.99)
- Free 2 months on Audible via Amazon Prime. (Cancel anytime before trail ends)
- Echo Show 15 | Full HD 15.6″ smart display with Alexa and Fire TV for $317 (Usually $453)
- Beats Studio3 Wireless Noise Cancelling Over-Ear Headphones for $270.75 (Usually $499.95)
- Roborock Q7 Max Smart Robot Vacuum and Mop Cleaner for $599 (Usually $839)
- PRISM+ Q55 Ultra 55 inch 4K QLED Google TV for $699 (Usually $1599)
- Sony XR55X90K – 55 Inch Full Array LED 4K Smart TV for $1194
- Apple iPad (9th gen) for $423 (Usually $549)
- Apple AirPods (2nd Generation) with Charging Case for $159 (Usually $219)
- JBL Charge 5 Bluetooth speaker: $168 (Usually $199)
- Instant Pot Vortex Plus 5.7L Air Fryer for $112.99 (Usually $269)
- ECOVACS DEEBOT N8 Robot Vacuum Cleaner for $399 (Usually $999)
- Govee WiFi TV LED Backlights with Camera, Smart RGBIC Ambient TV Light for $89.99 (Usually $149.99)
- ELEGOO Saturn 2 MSLA 3D Printer for $629.99 (Usually $899.99)
- Maybelline New York Sky High Lengthening Mascara in Blackest Black for $11.99 (Usually $25.99)
- ghd Air™ Professional Hair Dryer for $168 (Usually $250)
- 15% off on DoorDash, Gourmet Traveller, Roblox Gift Cards
- Koala Queen Mattress in a Box for $699 (Usually $1050)
What retailers offer the best Prime Day alternatives?
Prime Day deals are only available on Amazon, but in recent years, other retailers have started offering more deals to compete.
If you don’t have Prime membership or aren’t interested in Prime Day, you can find good deals by checking other popular stores like:
- JB Hi-Fi
- Good Guys
- Harvey Norman.
These retailers closely match many of Amazon’s deals and sometimes even offer discounts that Amazon doesn’t have.
So, if you’re looking for the best alternative sales to Prime Day, it’s worth checking out Amazon’s main competitors.
We will post the deals that are
Useful Tips for Amazon Prime Day shopping
1. Don’t forget to use cashback services: Cashrewards offers decent cashback on Amazon products. It is an additional savings that you should not miss out on. If you haven’t signed up yet, then you can also get $10 sign up when you join & spend $20 on your first shop within the first 7 days of joining. Sign up here.
2. Make a shopping list: With all the big sales and limited-time Lightning Deals on Prime Day, it’s easy to get caught up in impulse buying. That’s why it’s a good idea to have a wish list prepared before the event. We recommend using Amazon’s Wish List feature, where you can add all the items you’re interested in and keep track of what you actually want.
3. Check prices before buying: A common question during Prime Day is, “Am I getting a good deal?” The answer lies in researching the price history of the product. We highly recommend using Camel Camel Camel, a website that provides a price history chart directly on each Amazon product page.
4. Take advantage of the Amazon mobile app: The Amazon mobile app is a convenient tool for keeping track of items and setting up notifications. You can receive push notifications 5 minutes before the deals start, which is especially helpful if you’ve created a wish list.
5. Receive deal notifications from Alexa: Now, Alexa can notify you about deals and even make purchases for you. When quality products on your Wish List or shopping cart are on sale, the smart voice assistant will alert you. Once enabled, your Echo device will display a yellow ring light or a pop-up notification. From there, you can ask Alexa for more details or order the item yourself.
6. Earn free Amazon credits and subscriptions: Leading up to and during Prime Day, Amazon often offers opportunities to earn free credits or subscriptions. In the past, there were various options to receive free cash to spend during the event. For example, during the Prime Early Access Sale, members receive a $10 promotional credit when they purchase a $150 Amazon gift card.
7. Compare prices with other retailers: If you’re not a Prime member, there are plenty of competing sales from other retailers to consider. Some big names in the industry like eBay, JB Hi-Fi, Good Guys, Officeworks and Harvey Norman come up with their own special flash sales during Prime Day. While these sales may not be as flashy, they still offer great prices on tech and home goods without requiring a Prime subscription.
Bookmark this page for updated deals. We will post as they come along. More to follow soon.…
Affiliate Disclaimer: Please note that there are affiliate links included in this article, which means we may be compensated if you purchase via those links. It is at no extra cost to you but helps and supports our business.