Ready for Black Friday Shopping?
This time of the year means getting the best bargain on your shopping and getting ready for holiday season.
In this guide, we are going to look at some of the best Black Friday deals 2023 in Australia (including a Free Echo Pop Smart Speaker deal).
What is Black Friday?
First thing first, let’s understand about Black Friday.
Black Friday is Friday after Thanksgiving Day in the United States.
It is often regarded as the start of the shopping season for Christmas.
Usually on Black Friday many retailers offer substantial discounts to customers to kick off the holiday shopping season.
Why is it called Black Friday?
You might also have the same question in mind, why is it called Black Friday? Not Pink Friday or White Friday.
The explanation is very simple.
It is believed that the term “Black Friday” originated sometime during the 1960s.
“Black Friday” is called so because retailers transition from operating at losses (“in the red”) to making profit (“in the black”).
When is Black Friday in 2023?
Black Friday is on the last Friday of November each year.
In 2023, Black Friday will be on 24th November 2023.
Do Australian retailers do Black Friday Sales?
While Thanksgiving is not a popular tradition in Australia, Black Friday has certainly gained a lot of attention over the last few years.
Many retailers (both online and brick and mortar stores) entice customers with amazing deals on Black Friday.
So, Black Friday is a significant event on the marketing calendar of businesses in Australia.
Although, unlike Boxing Day, there is no official public holiday on Black Friday in Australia.
Interestingly, many retailers start bringing the deals out nice and earlier than the actual Black Friday.
What types of deals can be expected on Black Friday?
For many Black Friday means shopping for electronic items like Phones, Computers, TVs, Fridges, Gaming consoles and other white goods.
But that’s not the case.
Infact most retailers offer a range of Black Friday deals, including:
- Beauty and personal care
- Home Improvements
Popular retailers to check on Black Friday in Australia
You can expect deals from a range of online and brick and mortar stores for Black Friday deals.
Let’s look at some popular online retailers first:
- Cotton on
- The Iconic
Now brick and mortar stores for Black Friday in Australia include:
- JB Hi-fi
- Harvey Norman
- The Good Guys
- David Jones
- Bunnings Warehouse
Please note some of these brick and mortar stores also have online stores as well. So you can check their website for buying products online as well.
Using Cashback services for Black Friday savings
You might have heard about Cashback providers in Australia.
Basically, these cashback services pay back some of the money they earn through the affiliate models with their customers.
Many times they have plenty of exclusive offers as well.
Btw, TopCashback is running an amazing deal currently offering Amazon Echo Pop for Free. Check the details here.
Some of the popular cashback services in Australia include:
Popular Black Friday Deals 2023 Australia
Now comes the most exciting part: Black Friday deals in Australia for 2023.
Let’s take a look at some of the most popular deals:
(We will keep updating this blog with all the new deals)
- iPhone 14 Pro 512GB for $1599 (27% off the retail price)
- Apple AirPods (2nd Generation) with Charging Case for $158
- Apple 2020 MacBook Air Laptop: Apple M1 Chip for $1198
- Apple 2023 MacBook Air Laptop with M2 chip for $1797
- Apple AirTag 4 Pack for $142.50
- Echo pop smart speaker for $29
- Beats Studio3 Wireless Noise Cancelling Over-Ear Headphones for $229
- Bose SoundLink Flex Bluetooth Portable Speaker for $129
- Google Nest Cam 2nd Gen for $99
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Smartphone 256GB for $1349
- Anker Soundcore Motion+ Bluetooth Speaker for $99
- Fire TV Stick 4K for $37 (53% off)
- Apple Watch SE GPS 40mm for $349
- ECOVACS Robot Vacuum Cleaner, 2-in-1 Vacuum & Mopping for $599 (Was $999)
- Samsung 27-Inch S36C LED Curved Monitor for $189 (Was $269)
- Heymix Universal Travel Adapter, International Power Adapter for $12
- Meta Quest 2 Advanced All-In-One Virtual Reality Headset — 256 GB for $499.99 + $100 Gift Card
- LENTION USB C Hub with 100W Charging, 4K HDMI for $25
- HEYMIX 3 in 1 Wireless Charger Station for $30 (Was $60)
- VEEKTOMX Mini Power Bank 10000mAh for $26.59
Check all the Amazon Black Friday Deals here
- Xbox Series X Console for $505.37
- Dyson V8 Absolute™ Cordless Vacuum for $419.30
- UE Boom 3 for $97.30
- Funado Hoverboard for $133.76
- Apple MacBook Air 13-inch with M1 chip for $1198 (Black Friday Only) Get 15% off more with TCN gift cards via Coles.
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 40mm for $296
- Apple AirPods with Charging Case [2nd Gen] for $159
- Sonos Roam Portable Bluetooth Smart Speaker for $186
- Samsung 85″ CU8000 Crystal LED UHD 4K Smart TV for $1844
- iRobot Roomba i3 Robot Vacuum for $499
- Apple MacBook Air 13-inch with M2 chip, 256GB SSD for $1619
- Pixel 8 for $977,
- Pixel 8 Pro for $1377,
- Samsung T7 1TB Shield SSD for $98
- Apple iPad 9th Gen 64GB for $447
- Brother Wireless Mono Laser Printer for $99
- Get up to $320 bonus gift card with our purchases of selected items
- Xbox Series X console for $649 (Was $749)
- LG 31.5″ Ultra HD Monitor $349
- Lenovo Tab M10 + 3rd Gen $199
- Bauhn 70″ TV 4K UHD $629
- 40″ TV FHD Android $269
- DeLonghi $179
- 10% off on $25 Pocket Money Prepaid (Digital) Gift Cards
- Playstation 5 Disc Console with Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Bundle for $679
- Nintendo Switch OLED Model White MK8 Deluxe + NSO 3 Months Hardware Bundle for $449
Fashion and Lifestyle
Amazon: UGG Woolcomfort Classic Mini Boots for $54 (was $169)
Adidas: 50% off online and in-store for limited time
Best and Less: Up to 50% off clothing and accessories
Puma: up to 70% off on clothing, footwear and more
Cotton On: 30% off sitewide
Factorie: 30% off everything sitewide
Casio: Casio G-Shock for $79 (Save $120)
Beauty and Personal Care
Maskco: 30% off sitewide
Adore Beauty: Uptp 40% off on 130+ big brands
Boost Mobile: $35 sim card for $12
Catch Connect: 120 GB 1-year plan for $109
Amazon: Get extra $15 credit when buying $100 or more select eGift cards
Preezee: Bonus $10 Smart eGift Card with $150+ Black Friday Smart eGift Card
Coles: 15% off Teen, Kids, Baby, Home, Active, Shop, Choice, Love, The Cinema, The Pamper and Good Food Gift Cards
Best Gift Cards: Get $20 additional on every $100 gift card purchase
One Pass: 50% off 1 year membership
Woolworths: 50% off annual everyday rewards extra (1st year)
MyDeal: Up to 40% off on Home Decor
IKEA: 15% off Storewide Online & in-Store (Exclusions Apply) @ IKEA
Koala: Queen Mattress in a Box for $900
Please note that some of these sales will go live closer to the Black Friday.
Curious to see previous year’s deals? Check them all here
Tips for Black Friday Shopping
Before we end this article, here are some key tips that will help you plan your shopping:
- Create a budget: Always create a budget regarding your spending during these shopping events. And importantly stick to it as well.
- Shortlist the most wanted items: Prepare ahead by creating a list of items you want to buy during the Black Friday. You can make it in categories like must buy and may be buys
- Wait till midnight for special offers: Some of the best deals on retailers like Amazon appear during midnight and last only for few hours. So you can plan your sleep accordingly if you want to check the best bargains.
- Look for student discounts: Always see if there are options to get further student discounts. Check our student discount page for exclusive codes.
- Compare prices and price match: You should compare prices between different retailers and try to price match from retailers you are planning to buy.
- Buy what you can afford, not what you can’t: A very basic principle for any shopping event.
Affiliate Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we may earn a commission if you make a purchase through those links. This comes at no extra cost to you and helps support the content creation process.
Follow us on Instagram for all the updated Black Friday deals.